Friday, January 2, 2015

Wow 2015.
Do I really have any hope of maintaining this blog? Much has happened in the last few years. More tumors,  surgery, radiation, pain, recovery, hope, love, patience, generosity, Family and so much more.
The end of 2013 and beginning of 2014 had me in NY City for about 4 weeks. I underwent another surgery but this time they did focused Radiation during the surgery, something that has been pioneered by the amazing Doctors as Sloan Kettering. I truly believe that I  am blessed to have the best Doctors in the world to help me fight my fight. Dr Yoshia Yamada is a saint and seems to have a number of wild cards up his sleeve. Just when I think I am out of options he has something else to try.
A year later and after much recovery we discovered that the Cancer had metastasized all over. I underwent Microwave ablation to my right lung and right hip, (after fighting with the insurance on the coverage of this procedure for about 4-5 months, the finally approved it, what a joke). Now they have found a new tumor on my C6 vertebrae and also found swelling on my spinal cord.
The effects of this have been very noticeable. My legs are losing strength, I am walking with a cane so I don't fall on my face and the pain has increased dramatically. I am experiencing tingling throughout my lower body and some numbing in my right thumb.
The pain being as it is has me back on prescription pain meds. WHICH I HATE!!! It takes some time for your body to get used to them, the nausea, headaches, constipation, woozyness, and the overall feeling of ugh...all sucks. I was up last night vomiting from the nausea but I have been able to sleep at night otherwise due to the pain relief.
I just got off the phone with my Doctors, I have an impingement of the spinal cord which will require immediate attention. I will be on some steroids for a while to reduce any swelling and hopefully get some function and feeling back to my lower body.

We still don't know why we are going through all of this but I know it is all a part of the Lords plan to shape, mold and purify us.

1 comment:

  1. Chad,
    My heart was heavy today when I got the update. I am probably supposed to be super positive and not tell you that I cried for you and your family. I remember talking to you in your room at Huntsman when you were going through therapy at the same time as Lucas. You are a survivor and a fighter and you and your family are such an inspiration to me. The Lord has given you guys so many tender mercies and my family is fasting and praying that he will continue to give you guys strength, comfort, and healing. You guys are so loved. I love you, stay strong!

    ReplyDelete